Fedora 10: A Mini Review

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 5 13:29:27 UTC 2008

Hi

http://bobbo.me.uk/?p=234

"I grabbed the Live CD ISO from the Fedora site, which auto-located the
nearest mirror to me and it downloaded pretty quickly. The installation
process was incredibly simple. The LiveCD booted straight into a
graphical interface, where you could setup things like Language and
Keyboard layout. This is a refreshing change from Ubuntu, where you are
dumped into a “grub” style keyboard interface to setup keyboard/language
by pressing funny key combinations and using ugly text menus. Once I had
changed my keyboard/language from US to UK I was presented with a nice
(very blue) GNOME desktop. An “Install to hard drive” shortcut was
neatly placed on the desktop to get the installation properly started"