Cool install Icons?

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 11 18:56:19 UTC 2008

Scott Baker wrote:
> Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>> this isn't a vote though.
>>
>> I still haven't seen any solid ideas for actual banners and banner
>> content. If folks have concrete ideas, the art team will be glad to
>> create the needed artwork.
>
> Does F11 have a theme/name yet that we could work with? Like F9 was the
> werewolf (I think), we could play off of that. Like the Werewolf eats the
> Fedora logo or something similar.

It doesn't and it won't until early January.

I would like to avoid having these images, if they happen at all, to be
tied in with the theme of the moment. The art team has enough on their
plate without adding these to it. If they get stale every release it's
just too much maintenance work. I would suggest coming up with ideas
that are not specifically tied to the theme of any one release.

> What's a good starting point for these
> "fun" images?

How long does the install take? That's a good data point to try to
gather to figure out how long they should be on screen and the
complexity of the content / Q&A quiz / etc of the banners.

Think about funny things that people do while they're waiting for
something that takes a long time. What do people do while in line at the
DMV? What do people do when they wait for their computer to boot up in
the morning? I'd use questions like that as a springboard for ideas...

Thanks,
~m