Cool install Icons?

Doug Berry slasherzee at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 06:53:28 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 12/11/08, Máirí­n Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I don't know. One of the anaconda guys would probably
> know.
>
> ~m

One consideration, since most of us are installing from
CD/DVDs, would be the write speed of the ROM drive. I have,
besides my 3gig box, two older 1gig boxes I install Live
CDs on. Takes both about 45 minutes. My 3box, half that. I
would imagine install time = box size (+) write speed (+)
RAM. On my 1gig boxes the first thing that happens is a
screen appears that says: You don't have much RAM on this
system, would you like to install the SWAP Partition now?
Translation: hope your not late for an appointment.

So, a question is: are people installing off of CDs, using
older/slower boxes? And those using DVDs newer/faster? If
so, then those using DVDs would seemingly need fewer panels
or screens, since they will be enjoying setting up their
desktop sooner, anyway. Whereas, those using older/slower
may need more panels/screens; anything to breakup the
monotany of watching that scroll-bar crawl across their
screen.

-- Doug Berry --
slasherzee at fedoraproject.org