Moving the marketing team forward

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 12 17:21:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Jonathan Roberts
<jonrob at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>  * We should consider establishing a more formal organisation for the
> project, as well as thinking about how to make the best use of meeting
> time.

I want only to give some suggestions for this topic:

First of all my POV: I think we have to work not splitting the
different sides of marketing (Ambassadors, Marketing plainning and so
on), but just trying to figure out a possible way to have a shared
system to better coordinate those sides. I think this consideration
should interest a more in depth discussion with all those compontents.

>From a mktg pov I agree with you on an improvement of the Marketing
planning/plan team, maybe trying to figure out some key contacts and
their respective responsabilities.

Actually there is an electoral process that interest Ambassadors
Project, so next FAmSCo should work on that issue (from the
Ambassadors side), but I think a debate could stimulate a way to
simplify and unify the Marketing infrastucture in order to have a
better system: working on a marketing plan/strategy,
managing/organizing events, training ambassadors, organize campaigns
and so on.

Naturally this is the point of view of an ambassador, but I'm sure it
could be shareable by everyone and, even if, it's not like the
extras/core evolution in everything, it could share some of the key
principle.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini