The Face of Fedora Video Campaign

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:00:56 UTC 2008

2008/12/18 María Leandro <tatica at fedoraproject.org>:
> I love this video... you should see it
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&feature=channel

Maria,

I love this video too and it captures something in a unifying theme,
whether for videos or coffee table books that really appeals to me.

One of the many things Fedora contributors think about is how Fedora
can partner with other organizations to make the world a little better
place for us all to live. In thinking about this, I'd like to throw
into the ring another idea that could be used in either context to
both provide a unifying component to the images and to maybe make the
world a little better place to live.

For videos each contributor could sign "I am Fedora" in a language of
their choice. For still images they could sign "F" or if pictures were
arranged in some way with the book open that allowed it a message
could be signed one letter at a time across the open pages.

I think this would tie in with the "voice" marketing vehicle that is
widely used with Fedora, would be visually interesting, and might
encourage readers/viewers to think about voice in a way that might
encourage them to learn a new skill that might improve the life of
someone they know or meet (and improve their life as well).

John