The Face of Fedora Video Campaign

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 18 15:05:12 UTC 2008

Talking on IRC with Máirin and Nicu, I remember this video... (spanish)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCfTn-EkKFU

This is a promo of the Discovery Channel for LatinAmerica, and has a more
proffesional cut... but the idea is to collect videos of what do the people
like of fedora (use, community, events.... anything)

2008/12/19 inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com>

> 2008/12/18 María Leandro <tatica at fedoraproject.org>:
> > I love this video... you should see it
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&feature=channel
>
> Maria,
>
> I love this video too and it captures something in a unifying theme,
> whether for videos or coffee table books that really appeals to me.
>
> One of the many things Fedora contributors think about is how Fedora
> can partner with other organizations to make the world a little better
> place for us all to live. In thinking about this, I'd like to throw
> into the ring another idea that could be used in either context to
> both provide a unifying component to the images and to maybe make the
> world a little better place to live.
>
> For videos each contributor could sign "I am Fedora" in a language of
> their choice. For still images they could sign "F" or if pictures were
> arranged in some way with the book open that allowed it a message
> could be signed one letter at a time across the open pages.
>
> I think this would tie in with the "voice" marketing vehicle that is
> widely used with Fedora, would be visually interesting, and might
> encourage readers/viewers to think about voice in a way that might
> encourage them to learn a new skill that might improve the life of
> someone they know or meet (and improve their life as well).
>
> John

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org