[Picture book] Quick update

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 05:19:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 08:36:44PM -0800, Doug Berry wrote:
> Hey Ian,
> Your some kind of dynamo, fella. And I would
> love to work on this project. That is the one concern
> I had at first, is finding others who would be dedicated
> enough to follow through and do what is necessary to
> create a quality product. I have no doubt now.
>
> Love what you did with the wiki page. Clear, concise,
> and to the point. I added my name, but I couldn't
> think of anything I would have added that you had not
> already included.

:)  Thanks to everyone else, too.

> I know a dozen or so publishers, dido for printers,
> but I mainly work on fiction books. Most publishers
> I know only deal with commercial quality books that
> have a shot at making them money. I'm not sure our book
> would generate much interest from this group. But I
> can get us some quotes for services, and prices for
> print runs, for comparison if nothing else.
>
> Then there is POD. But I don't think we need a POD
> Publisher, when we can go right to Lightning Source
> ourselves. I already have an account with them, but
> I haven't used it in a couple of years.
>
> Anyway, I logged-in and asked my guide for current
> prices and details. She is going to send a bunch of
> stuff in the mail. But I also asked for a breakdown
> via email, which I should have by this weekend. I'll
> contact you when I know something.

Sweet, thanks! I'll talk with some people to see what kind of budget we
can get -- odds are, POD is the way to go for our budgeting purposes,
but I haven't a clue.

> I wasn't available for the Mkg meeting today. I volunteer
> on Wed and Thurs, but I am going to be around most of
> the day tomorrow. I'll keep Xchat open to #fedora-mkg
> and if you are around, maybe we can bounce ideas off
> of each other. Seeya, Doug

Alright, thanks for all your help.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36