Picture book....

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 14:01:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 06:24:24PM -0800, Doug Berry wrote:
> Yeah that's fine. More input the better. 6 x 9 is kind
> of a standard size anyway, but photo books are usually
> larger, but we are not locked into anything.
>
> With 6 x 9 though, the pictures would not bleed right
> up to the edge of the paper. There's usually a half inch
> of white space margin around the image. That would make
> the size of the whole-page images something like 5 x 8.
>
> I'm still waiting to hear from Lightning Source, I think
> we could get our best price from them. Ideally, I would
> like something that leaves us with a $10.00 sales price.
> Everybody should be able to afford that.
>
> Lulu and iUniverse are also in the loop, and there are
> tonnes of publishers, so if we can do better we can go
> with that.

I was still thinking we were going to put in stories of people. Are we
going to do this on top of the image, or are we going to do it to the
side (like I did in this mockup[1])?

[1]: http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/picture-book/mockup-spevack/mockup-spevack.png

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36