So for my next trick...... songfight

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:20:48 UTC 2008

I love songfight.org  I would love to see a Fedora themed songfight at
songfight.org, complete with album cover fight.

I do not know yet how difficult this would be to make happen, or even
if songfight.org would be willing to sponsor it.  I could reach out to
them if we thought this was a good idea.  Note that typically
songfight.org doesn't put any sort of copyright restrictions on
submissions. I would imagine that if we wanted to make a Fedora themed
fight, and they were willing to help us do it, we'd need to impose
some specific CC licensing restrictions. This sort of thing may
require some negotiation with them if we need them to host the
interface for the 'fight'.

I have no idea if this is possible, I'm just throwing it out there as
something I'm willing to work towards making happen if there is some
consensus that its a good idea to do from a brand building
perspective.

Failing that, I would LOVE to see a Fedora branded catalog offering in
Magnatunes or Jamendo similar to the Red Hat Summit Compilation that
exists in Magnatunes currently.  Open up rhythmbox, search the
Magnatunes catelog for Red Hat and take a listen.  But again I have no
idea how to make that sort of thing happen as part of a Fedora branded
thing.  if there are some Red Hat marketting people lurking who were
part of getting the Summit Compilation together, your input as to the
feasibility of this idea is perhaps invaluably value.

-jef