Fedora 9 Alpha Release Notes WAS Re: Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 19:14:56 UTC 2008

> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 09:31:34 -0800
> "Karsten 'quaid' Wade" <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > We can continue to edit it from here, that is one reason we use the
> > wiki for Alpha and Beta release notes.
>
> Note that to avoid killing the wiki on release days, we really need to
> make that content static for the day or 3.  And it needs to happen
> before I send the release announcement.
>
> I completely failed in arranging this for the Alpha release, we'll do
> better for Beta.

Darn, forgot about that.

We can have it freeze ~12 hours before Alpha and Beta release, then
convert it to a static page.  We can give out that static page link as
fixed, then manage what appears there.  For example, after a few days,
it could redirect back to the wiki.  Or <iframe> the wiki. :)

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org