Alpha Release Day Metrics

Elio Tondo elio at tondo.it
Wed Feb 6 14:45:28 UTC 2008

Mike McGrath wrote:

>> I think that these response times can be discouraging for users trying to get
>> information about Fedora, and any effort aimed to understand and fix the
>> problem will enhance Fedora visibility. BTW, I just tried the Ubuntu site (I
>> don't like Ubuntu and it's a long time since my last visit there) and I found
>> it lightning fast. I think that Fedora deserves  more infrastructure power to
>> avoid being considered a poorly performing distro.
>
> The wiki shouldn't be used to get information to end users.  Use the
> fedoraproject.org/ (no /wiki) or docs if you have something to say to end
> users.  Our site is also lightning fast, just not Moin.

Ok, I'm now on http://fedoraproject.org/ . I see nine links. Four of
them (Wiki, Communicate, Events on the left menu, and Learn more in the
middle of the page, go to Wiki. The annoncement of F9 Alpha posted on
http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/02/05/help-shape-fedora-9-alpha-release-now-available/
is also on the Wiki. Is this enough to say that, if the Wiki is slow,
there is a significant impact on the user experience?

Elio