Generic Fedora Poster Designs for Events

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Thu Feb 7 02:29:00 UTC 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 2:28 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Joerg Simon pointed out to me the need for generic (e.g., not specific
> to any release or event) and re-usable poster designs for event booths.

I definitely agree that there is a need for generic, re-usable poster
designs.  We would have found such posters quite useful at events in
the past.

> I think the general layout and approach (1) one fedora idea/principle
> (2) short explanation of what it means for Fedora (3) nice shiny Fedora
> logo could be a good one for the purpose. I think the repetition of
> three similar (but slightly different) posters in the booth would also
> look slick. I designed these posters with the idea that they could be
> roughly 36" x 24". (Standard US poster size, but could easily be tweaked
> for other specific standard sizes near that ratio.)
>
> What do you think?

First, I am far from artistic - but I think the general layout and
approach of using the Fedora logo is good.  Not sure I like the
background colors, but that's a minor detail.  The three posters
together in a booth would be good to draw attention and highlight
infinity, freedom and voice.

--Jeffrey