Fwd: news.fp.o

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 03:18:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 13:57 +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > On 20/02/2008, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We really need someone to work with the infrastructure team and get a
> > > test instance of it running to evaluate it for a short period and get
> > > into the production stage. It looks like word press meets our basic needs.
> >
> > I'll drop a note to the infrastructure list and see what they say...
>
> Can someone point me at the needs list?
>
> I ask because fundamentally, a blog engine (WordPress) and a CMS system
> (Drupal) are very different.

This is true, if John doesn't think its the right tool we won't use it.
The two main reasons I suggested it were because we're looking to deploy
it elsewhere but also that I know other sites out there
(www.redhatmagazine.com) use it and if it can work for them I've got
to figure it could work for us.  If not though, we can always pick
something else.

	-Mike