ubuntu marketing

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 21:40:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Valent Turkovic
>
> <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  This is the idea:
>  >  Can there be a script on Fedora desktop that says something like this:
>  >  "Install Flash Player" that enables adobe yum repository, presents the
>  >  licence and if users agree goes
>  >  out and install the flash plugin.
>
>  I will not support that. In fact I will actively lobby against
>  including a Fedora specific enhancement that directs people to
>  proprietary executable code.
>

>  -jef

Okay. And you actually belive that people won't install this just the
same but will be "pissed" that it is not easy to do it but they need
to "jump through hoops" and there are legal ways to do this. Plus we
have selinux on by default to protect from badly behaving programs -
closed source and open source alike. Other distributions don't have
selinux installed so that is an extra layer of protection for security
of fedora users...

Plus if you look at reviews of linux distributions most of them have a
category "How easy is it to go to youtube and watch videos" because
that is what desktop users do and expect from any desktop.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic