Store SIG IRC Meeting Log - 2008-02-27

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Wed Feb 27 23:31:10 UTC 2008

Here is the IRC meeting log from today's Fedora Store SIG meeting.

12:57 < iWolf> Store SIG meeting in about 5 minutes.....
12:59 -!- Southern_Gentlem
[n=notfred at unaffiliated/southerngentlem/x-2894754] has joined
#fedora-mktg
12:59 < Southern_Gentlem> here
13:00  * EvilBob waves
13:01 < iWolf> :)  Perhaps I should just hold these meetings in the
unity channel!
13:01 < Southern_Gentlem> nope lol :
13:01 < EvilBob> BAD idea
13:02 < iWolf> i guess y'all might scare some people...
13:02 < Southern_Gentlem> we would behave
13:02 < Southern_Gentlem> who else is here
13:03 < iWolf> Last call - who else is here for the Store SIG meeting.
13:03  * iWolf listens to the crickets....
13:03 < Southern_Gentlem> iwolf  myself i have no problem with it being in unity
13:04 < iWolf> SO, it looks like it is us three.
13:05 < iWolf> Just so I can say we really had a meeting, I'm going to
do a bit of summary.  Feel free to ask questions or make input.
13:05 -!- Karlik|nb [n=Karlik at fedora/Karlik] has joined #fedora-mktg
13:05 < iWolf> First, I did order a shirt and mug from cafepress which
arrived last week.
13:05 < Southern_Gentlem> has anyone found a vender for doing the
Ambassador shirts like the europeans have yet
13:06 < iWolf> No, when OLF rolls closer I will get my T-shirt guy to do them.
13:06 < iWolf> I know he can and he does good work.
13:06 < Southern_Gentlem> well i have a guy here locally that does good work
13:06 < iWolf> When that time comes I will figure out how to handle
that for the North American folks - unless someone runs with the ball
before me.
13:07 < iWolf> So if you order some stuff up, that's great!
13:07 < Southern_Gentlem> i know this place will take internet orders
13:07 < iWolf> Oh yeah?  For small quantities?
13:07 < Southern_Gentlem> yes
13:07 < iWolf> You should add them to the AmbassadorVendor page.
13:07 < Southern_Gentlem> after the initual setup
13:08 < Southern_Gentlem> as soon as i can i will talk to them
13:08 < iWolf> Cool!  Here's a link for the AmbassadorVendor page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/AmbassadorVendors
13:08 < iWolf> As for the cafepress t-shirt, it was pretty bad!
13:09 < Southern_Gentlem> being in Sci-fi cons has its advantages
13:09 < Southern_Gentlem> yep
13:09 < iWolf> The colors were pretty horrific (and I don't have a
great eye for color) and the front logo was a touch off in alignment
and smudged on the corner.  I put pics here:
13:09 < iWolf> http://jeffreyt.fedorapeople.org/storeSIG/
13:09 < iWolf> Let us know what you find out from your T-shirt guy.
The online orders after an initial order sounds pretty cool.
13:10 < iWolf> Anyways, I have pretty much ruled cafrepress out.  They
were that bad.
13:10 < iWolf> So I touched base with spreadshirt this week and will
be ordering a shirt through them once I get the logo uploaded.
13:11 < iWolf> I've heard good things about them, both on the Pros and
Cons page, in my blog post and from the French Ambassadors.
13:11 < iWolf> So I have higher expectations from them.  Though their
selection of products is not as good.
13:11 < iWolf> So we couldn't get posters made from them at this time.
13:11 < iWolf> Today is also the last day to post pros and cons to the
potential vendor page.
13:12 < iWolf> Of course its a wiki, so we won't be stopping them, but
comments might not be read...
13:13 -!- rharrison [n=rharriso at nat/cisco/x-406daa78ea246bb2] has
joined #fedora-mktg
13:13 < iWolf> At this point, if the spreadshirt t-shirt comes back
looking good, then I will most likely present that as the suggestion
to Max.  That we go with spreadshirt.  If later down the road we
change our minds we can always change things around, but I am anxious
to get this task rolling.
13:13 < iWolf> That just hinges on my ordering a tst T-shirt from them.
13:13 < Southern_Gentlem> +1
13:14 < iWolf> The only other open item is the mockup of the store.fp.o page.
13:14 < EvilBob> Sorry got distracted
13:14 < iWolf> So far it has been like pulling teeth to get someone to
do a mockup, despite having a couple artists on our participant list.
13:14 < iWolf> So I figure i am either not asking for help well, or
people aren't into designing before we have the 3rd party store
selected.
13:15 < iWolf> I am hoping its the latter.
13:15 < iWolf> And that's where we are at today.
13:15 < iWolf> Anyone have questions or input?
13:16 < EvilBob> iWolf: not sure what the deal is with design stuff, I
needed a simple icon, waited a bit and designed it my self, was
quicker to learn to use inkscape...
13:16 < Southern_Gentlem> sounds like we have things moving in the
right direction
13:17 -!- stickster_afk is now known as stickster
13:17 < Southern_Gentlem> howdy Boss
13:17 < iWolf> EvilBob: Yeah, that's my fallback plan.  People really
don't want me designing a web page, but I will if I have to!  I am
sure we will have plenty of people coming out of the woodwork to
critique my artistic skills then!
13:17 < iWolf> Southern_Gentlem: and I agree, the pace has been slow,
but I think we are making progress forward.
13:18 -!- cwickert [n=chris at p508FD8CD.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #fedora-mktg
13:18 < Southern_Gentlem> iWolf,  time to talk to ricky i think
13:19 < EvilBob> OK I am away
13:19 < iWolf> yeah, he's made some suggestions so far (i.e. where to
post for more help) and so far nothing has come from it.  I do hope
its because people are wanting us to choose a 3rd party vendor first.
13:19 < iWolf> EvilBob: thanks for coming!
13:21 < iWolf> Well.  I think that's all I have.  So if no one has
anything else, we'll call it a meeting!
13:21 < Southern_Gentlem> iwolf slow progress is better than no progress
13:22 < iWolf> Southern_Gentlem: I agree with that!
13:22 < iWolf> Southern_Gentlem: thanks for coming today!
13:22 < iWolf> ============  Meeting Adjourned  ================