Fedora 9 Alpha Release Marketing Plan WAS Re: Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:23:55 UTC 2008

Here's my take, I've only made a few tiny changes and altered the tone
a bit in places to reflect the fact that it's quite possible for
anybody to try Fedora development versions at anytime, it's just that
the Alpha release provides a *slightly* more sanitised environment for
developers and users to get involved.

Also, although Alpha is still going to be pretty rough I think
(developers might disagree) that we're right to promote it to the
wider community for testing as the live cds make this quite safe to
do!

Oh, and I updated the release notes link...

Thanks for your work - looking forward to seeing this all go up tomorrow :)

-------------------

Help Shape Fedora 9: Alpha Release Now Available
by Fedora Team

As Fedora (http://www.fedoraproject.org) contributors, one of the most exciting
parts of the development process of new Fedora distributions is
determining which cool, new features will be included in the next
release. Fedora 9 is due out at the end of April 2008, and we started
making plans for it as soon as we released Fedora 8 back in November.
We've already begun to implement the changes and features we want
included in this release, and with the Fedora 9 Alpha release today,
it's time for the whole community's input.

During each Fedora cycle, we have an Alpha release that gives everyone
the opportunity to provide feedback on the work that has been done so
far. It's the first time that the larger Fedora community can get really
involved in testing out the new features and is encouraged to
provide input on what's working, and what's not. It's easy to gain
access to the Alpha release because you don't have to install any
software -- everything you need is provided through live CDs. Then, to
give us feedback, you can file bug reports and enhancement requests and
make other recommendations.

If you want to help us test and shape the next release of Fedora, you
can find details about the new features we're exploring, about how to
get involved in the Alpha release and about how to provide feedback and
get involved in the process by visiting our Fedora 9 Alpha release
notes. (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Alpha/ReleaseNotes)