Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 17:07:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 11:35 -0500, Colby Hoke wrote:
> Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> >
> > That is the crux of the subject of this thread.  We are working on a
> > plan, yes, and it has already missed the first deadline.  Unfortunately,
> > when setting the schedule for the marketing plan, we focused on the
> > final release.  This is typical thinking that applies to RHEL, for
> > example, where we do not advertise the beta/release candidates.

> Which deadline would that be?

Alpha release is a named release and worthy of press/marketing
attention:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule

This was a self-criticism in the sense that we all sat in a room with
Leigh Day, agreed that March was a good deadline for having the
marketing plan together, and none of us thought about the upcoming Alpha
release. ;-D

The final marketing plan needs to start with activity sometime soon
after a numbered release, drawing attention to feature work in progress,
the ongoing interviews, etc.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.