Alpha Release Day Metrics

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Feb 6 08:57:12 UTC 2008

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> I think the problem we're fighting with here is that a lot of digg
> users probably don't read the article before voting: they see Ubuntu
> and "Release" in the title and hit digg regardless of the content.
> Well OK, that's a guess - any other explanations?

Of course this is true, *but* our stats show millions of Fedora users,
there must be a few hundreds among them who are digg readers and willing
  to hit digg like monkeys regardless of the content just like the
Ubuntu fanboys, right?

If what we want to get is diggs then we should put a "digg this" button
(with graphics) in the page we want to promote (release note, interview,
etc. - yeah, I know this is not easy to do inside the wiki due to the
needed JavaScript) and probably a button (with nice graphics) on the
various blog posts about it.