We suck at explaining stuff

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Wed Feb 6 11:36:20 UTC 2008

ons, 06 02 2008 kl. 20:00 +0900, skrev Marc Wiriadisastra:
> http://mugshot.org/visit?post=A4qnm617gmRBRx
>
> Interesting post.  Do you think he has a point.

We do a bit of a track record of problems marketing our cool stuff to
people, it's part of why Fedora isn't getting the press it could. This
is just a really good example of how we tend to go about marketing our
features. Listing a bunch of projects and implying it ties them together
says nothing about the functionality it provides to 99% of all people.

I think it would be nice if we tried to list improvements in terms of
the problems we are trying to solve instead of the solutions we
implement. Frame the problem, present the solution and conclude with
visions of future improvements.

- David