We suck at explaining stuff

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:25:08 UTC 2008

> I love how people assume:
>
> a) that I don't contribute
> b) that man power is an excuse for making the same mistakes over and
> over.

I'm sorry you interpreted me that way but I really meant neither. The
comment of needing more contributors was not aimed at you personally
but was a simple fact: we put in as much work as we could to the
release summary, just as you and many others put in as much work as
you can packaging and developing Fedora (which, btw, is really
appreciated and is why I'm involved in the marketing project - to help
people like you get appreciation for the all the hard work that you
put in).

I won't go on to explain myself any more - I've already blogged my
more detailed comments and think this is probably heading off-topic
for the marketing list. Feedback is appreciated and for beta release
we'll try and do a better job at explaining things to your average
desktop user :)

Anyway, I hope I haven't offended you and I hope you'll see where
we're coming from too.

Best wishes,

Jon