Fedora 9 Alpha Release Notes WAS Re: Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 10:01:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 10:25 -0500, Colby Hoke wrote:
> Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> >
> > What sort of tasks do we see being done against which release
> > milestones?
> >
> > - Karsten
> >
> Perhaps another meeting early next week?

Not knowing a more delicate way to put this ... meetings best serve us
by giving us a fixed time to make sure we have actions completed by.  A
sort-of built in weekly auto-nag.  Mailing lists are where work gets
done, although you can do a lot of active collaboration over IRC/IM.
So, let's see what we can get done on-list?

For milestones, we have:

* Planning begins (day of release N-1)
* Alpha freeze
* Alpha release
* Feature freeze
* Beta release
* Translation freeze
* Final devel freeze
* Preview release
* RC1
* Final release

At least, those seem like the ones to build noise around, presuming we
want to interest the contributor, upstream, downstream, and end user
communities.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.