Alpha Release Day Metrics

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 10:39:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 10:57 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> If what we want to get is diggs then we should put a "digg this" button
> (with graphics) in the page we want to promote (release note, interview,
> etc. - yeah, I know this is not easy to do inside the wiki due to the
> needed JavaScript) and probably a button (with nice graphics) on the
> various blog posts about it.

We've also got some nice social networking tools we can use:

* At any given moment there are 200+ people logged in to #fedora-devel.
If we dropped in one or two digg requests a day it might not be annoying

* There are a few Fedora groups in Mugshot

Of course, at some point this is all annoying for everyone to be
barraged with "digg this" requests.

One place that it might make sense to send digg requests is fedora-list.
However, I don't see any such requests (at least, not with 'digg' in the
subject) for the last four or five months.

Maybe if a few times a week we pick one of the items sent to
f-marketing-l and make it a digg request on fedora-list?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org