Fedora Mascot Idea....

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 8 09:15:29 UTC 2008

Chad Bloem wrote:
> Fedora,
>
> I was looking at the Fedora WIKI page and I stumbled across the
> information regarding the need for a mascot. It mentioned that they
> wanted an animal design wrapped into the current icon. I slapped
> together an idea. Máirín Duffy was kind enough to suggest Inkscape (had
> to figure it out) to clean up the design and pointed me to these email
> addresses. Got it installed, played with it this afternoon. I have
> attached it as an SVG.

A interesting idea but not one I like. A variation of the Fedora logo
would have the same protections as the logo itself and leads to the same
issues we are trying to avoid by suggesting the use of a mascot that
lends itself to artistic freedoms and creative uses. Keep the mascot
completely separate from the logo.