separate fpo domain? (was Re: making the website better)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 8 17:07:18 UTC 2008

Elio Tondo wrote:
> Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>
>>> What do folks think about this idea?
>>>
>>> fedoraproject.org being the website for the PROJECT, while a separate
>>> domain would be more focused towards uses of the project's output,
>>> Fedora the linux distro itself?
>>>
>>> would something like fedoralinux.org work?
>>
>> Or usefedora.org or getfedora.org.  Sure.
>>
>> I like the idea of a purely user-focused website.
>
> +1
>
> I would prefer fedoralinux.org.

Before we go about registering another website and dividing traffic, let
us come up with content and demonstrate how it is going to be different
from fp.o and why a single website won't meet both audiences. It is
difficult enough with a discussion between what should be in the wiki vs
static pages. Having yet another place isn't going to smoothen that
discussion.