Generic Fedora Poster Designs for Events

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:15:49 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 3:08 AM, Elio Tondo <elio at tondo.it> wrote:
> Russell Harrison wrote:
> > The new colors make more sense from a branding standpoint.  While the
> > old colors were more lively they don't have a "fedora" look to them.
>
> That's true, but we should also think about the feelings of people
> looking at posters of those colors. Blue is nice and cool, but gives
> also "cold" sensations. Good for penguins ;-) but please let's try not
> to be too monothematic. And if we add grey on two thirds of the images,
> the result is very sad IMHO.

Yeah, I thought about pulling from the echo icon pallet but I figured
the colors in the logo were a safe bet.  Altering the colors in the
posters was actually very easy, could you show us something you like
better?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoIconGuidelines

> > Hey, I'm a total beginer at inkscape and I cooked these up from the
> > colors on the FedoraColors wiki page.  If I can do it anyone can. ;-)
> > http://www.russellharrison.com/fedora/artwork/posters/
>
> I like this choice. Much better than the grey-based one.
>
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ArtWork/FedoraColors
>
> Are these colors "official"? If this is true, why the grey choice?

I'm operating on the assumption that the colors used within the logo
are "official".  I notice that there is clearly an intention to add
more colors to that page but it hasn't been done yet.  Máirín blogged
about some color pallets she was playing with in Agave but I suspect
there hasn't be an actual effort to define a Fedora color pallet. That
is probably a task that should be worked on by both the Marketing and
Artwork teams.

http://mihmo.livejournal.com/37350.html

--
Russell Harrison
Systems Administrator -- Linux Desktops

Note:  The positions or opinions expressed in this email are my own.
They are not necessarily those of my employer.