Best way to announce things?

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:38:46 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'd like some ideas from people. Fedora does *loads* of cool stuff
that isn't just development work, but community enabling work. While I
think the interviews work well to promote the development, and FWN
does a great job of documenting how the development happens and all
the internal goings on in the community, I think we need another
mechanism for letting people know about cool infrastructure and
community enabling stuff that goes on.

Things I have in mind needing some kind of attention are the new
collaboration server; fedorapeople.org; the open build tools;
transifex; publican etc etc etc

For publican we put up a "press release" on red hat's press blog, and
hopefully when we get news.fedoraproject.org sorted we can put those
sorts of announcements on there too. But is this the best way to do
things? Or is there another approach we could take? There's no need in
my mind for two approaches to be mutually exclusive either, one could
compliment the other. But I want to make sure we're doing the best we
can and getting the most attention we can for all the *awesome*
extra-development stuff that goes on!

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Jon