Upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit Fedora Linux without a system reinstall

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 13 05:11:24 UTC 2008

Hi

Not sure if this is worth the effort. Maybe we should look at making the
transition more easier.

http://www.linux.com/feature/123800

"Updating from Fedora 7 i386 to Fedora 8 x86_64 isn't supported, and
many folks will tell you to just reinstall in order to move to a 64-bit
Linux. However, I managed to resolve the main problems when doing a yum
update in a single day. Your mileage will vary depending on what
third-party repositories you're using, how much software you've
installed by hand, and how dependent your software is on the system
libraries."