ambassadors, marketing, etc

red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch
Mon Jan 14 09:40:25 UTC 2008

Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com> hat am 14. Januar 2008 um
09:50 geschrieben:

> >From my point of view (this could be complete rubbish, be warned :P), it
> seems that on the marketing list our main aims are along the lines of
> producing content and making sure that when the press - whether they're
> lay press or mainstream - talk about Fedora the information they use is
> accurate and fair; on the Ambassadors' list I've always assumed the main
> goal to be how best to represent Fedora at conferences, LUGs, working
> with the free media program etc.

I agree on the aims. But I think it's very important that each group knows what
the other group does.

IMHO Marketing should generate press-stuff for/about Ambassadors' events too.
And Ambassadors should know what Marketing's message to the world is as the
Ambassadors shouldn't say the opposite of it. They should also be able to refer
to Fedora's appearances in the press.

I think that'd be the ideal case, if both would refer to each other's work in
order to spread the word about Fedora as good as possible and to reach the
people over both ways (press and in person) with the very same message.

-- red / SandroMathys