Re: [Ambassadors] Re: ambassadors, marketing, etc

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:48:21PM +0100, Bart Couvreur wrote:
> Op maandag 14-01-2008 om 20:26 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Robert
> Scheck:
> > Sorry for being unpolite now, but why the hell don't you ask the people on
> > the ambassadors list? Maybe I should ask here and now, whether we can merge
> > devel-list with the marketing-list as well? ;-)
>
> Probably because we are expected to be on the marketing-list too :-)

Perhaps it would be a good idea for one of the list admins (Max? Thomas?) to
do a quick diff of the membership lists of these two lists and see if there
is as much of an intersection as we're assuming.  If it turns out that f-a-l
membership is primarily just a subset of f-m-l membership, then the question
is really just whether the ambassadors want to continue to have a separate
list or not.  And conversely, if the intersection is smaller than we're
assuming, then that might imply that a merger is unwarranted.

Being on both lists myself, and recognizing the close interaction of the
work of both groups, and thus the extremely heavy cross-posting between the
two lists, I myself would be happy for a merger, just to cut down the number
of duplicate messages in my inbox.  But, y'know, I can deal either way. :)

cheers,
- Paul

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds bu edu>