revitalize, FUDCon results, and an RFC

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 04:25:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 09:03 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> > We had a great marketing session[0] with Leigh Day at FUDCon, and one of
> > the results is a plan to create a sustainable Fedora marketing plan by
> > March.  This gets us ready for Fedora 9.
> >
> > Work can commence here:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/MarketingMessagingGuide
> >
> > To get things started I'm taking on a lead wrangler role for that guide.
> >
> > We also agreed in that meeting that we're going to more carefully
> > enforce on-topic and off-topic for this mailing list.  This means some
> > discussions are requested to go to other lists.  This will help our
> > collaboration with some of the marketing professionals we've invited to
> > work on Fedora marketing.
> >
> > Finally, I'm proposing that we form a Marketing SIG and have regular IRC
> > meetings to help our collaboration move rapidly.
> >
> +1
> > Once we've completed our marketing plan, it should be relatively stable
> > for some time.  We can then evaluate maintaining or disbanding the SIG.
> >
> +1 definitely I was going to put a proposal specifically for this but no
> need now.

If the Marketing members here on this list could have all been at that
session, you would have seen how energized Leigh got working with us.
This Messaging Guide solution and some of the content ideas seemed to
shoot out like grease through a goose.

Does anyone know of any good messaging guides that are freely available
(preferably in electronic form)?  I ask the list rather than google
because I'm hoping someone here has a working "quality filter." :-)

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/