Road Map for Marketing [WAS ambassadors, marketing, etc]

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Tue Jan 15 22:37:23 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 12:34 PM, Jack Aboutboul <jaboutboul at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 12:34 -0500, Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
> > There is an Event Box page on the wiki here:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EventBox
> >
> > I created that page with the idea of the box being a booth in a box.
> > Something we can ship to an event for a Fedora Ambassador to use for
> > an "instant" booth.  I borrowed the idea from the Gnome Event box.
> >
> > That project needs just a bit of momentum.  Mainly if some Ambassadors
> > and Marketing folks can review the proposed contents and if people
> > agree - the funds to assemble the box.
> >

> This is currently being worked on with the RH logistics people and is
> quickly becoming a reality.  It was discussed over the weekend and I
> will keep you posted about it.  Mainly, the thing to know right now is
> that RH has a large logistics company which manages worlwide supply
> chain stuff and we are trying to out the details with them in order to
> create a web form through which an ambassador can order a kit for
> different sized events...

Great!  Please do keep us posted on it.  As someone that has worked on
the event box portion and a fair amount of time with the Fedora Store
SIG I have interests in what exactly is being discussed.

The kit for different sized events... Is that an event box that is
pretty much a booth in a box or is it "swag" as well?

With what is being discussed currently, does that mean we should be
putting any Event Box work and/or Fedora SIG work on hold as well?
The Fedora Store SIG has an Ambassador event material portion as well.
 I would hate to put more effort towards the Store SIG or Event Box if
this is duplicating efforts going on within Red Hat.

Thanks,
Jeffrey