Re: ambassadors, marketing, etc

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 00:31 -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Jan 13, 2008 9:25 PM, Jack Aboutboul <jaboutboul speakeasy net> wrote:
>
> > so my first question would be to ask this, how many people currently
> > subscribe to both this and ambassadors-list?  If people feel like it is
> > a significant enough number, maybe we should consider merging the two,
> > although, technically, the purposes are very different.
>
> Technically the ambassadors list is private with public archives.  I'm
> not sure what the point of that was other than to make things
> complicated :)  I'm all in favor of merging the two.

-1

I see the lists as having different purposes, and when they are
combined, it gets too noisy.

marketing-list == strategy, long term vision, big solutions
ambassadors-list == tactics, results, and mainly discussions of events,
how to attend, make happen, etc.

In particular, we are inviting marketing professionals to the
f-marketing-list, and I'm sensitive about blasting them with too much
stuff that is not relevant to the 'big marketing vision stuff.'

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org