Hello Fedora Marketing!

Colby Hoke choke at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 15:27:19 UTC 2008

Hi!

My name's Colby Hoke, you can call me choke - that's how most people
remember me anyway. I wanted to introduce myself to you all. I'm a Red
Hat employee and work on a lot of the videos you'll see on Red Hat
Magazine. I've done a lot of the work on the last 3 videos promoting
Fedora and getting a good consistent "feel" for what a Fedora promo
looks like. (They're the ones with the archival footage, if you've seen
them.)

Anyway, I'm a former Computer Science student at NC State University,
but I switched into Film Studies my junior year and really got into
editing, color correction, and compositing. I'm a big supporter of
digital rights and Creative Commons.

As far as Fedora goes, I recently got into video editing in open source
environments and am helping test a version of Kino that we can roll into
the Fedora repo. Once that's done, I hope to roll a "designer" version
of Fedora that includes all the usual suspects (Inkscape, GIMP, etc) so
that someone can make a video, add graphics, 3D, whatever, and then
render it to an ogg for everyone to see.

Anyway, enough about that. If anyone has any questions for me, I'd be
happy to answer them. And... it's wonderful to be on the list.

--
Colby A. Hoke

Corporate Marketing
[ Producer ]