Fedora 9 name

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 23 00:47:29 UTC 2008

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

> Ok, so since pretty much this time around there was a total
> dis-coordination between -devel and -marketing, how about, in the
> future, have an IRC meeting or two simultaneous threads in -devel and
> -marketing to propose codenames, and then the usual process could
> continue?

Too much overhead for a mere codename which is meant for developers and
we don't have a marketing team to coordinate such activities. I don't
view it as lack of coordination just because a few people disagree with
some of the choices in a long list of possible codenames for a release.
Again, I think the energy spend here can be directed towards doing
actual marketing instead.