Fedora 9 name

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 03:35:40 UTC 2008

> Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
>

> > I'm a member of both devel and marketing I didn't propose any names. I
> > would prefer it if it was a marketing effort but in the current form
> > marketing is just a news list without any direction sadly.  I'm hoping
> > this will change now with the new influx of people who know about
> > marketing (RH Folks) and some direction from our current and past
> > fearless leaders.
>
> There are lot of work to do that is waiting on more volunteers. How
> about participating in those activities? A few examples,
<snip>
> I would appreciate if you people stop complaining about this being a
> news list or rant on codenames or whatever and do something useful. Thanks.

Your flame is misplaced on Marc, he's definitely busy elsewhere getting
stuff done.

Regardless, I'll support the concept that we don't need to continue
worrying about the name for Fedora 9.  The list was generated according
to the usual process, and we need to trust the voters to not choose
something totally stupid.

As for the general concern over marketing, etc., let's take this one
step at a time from here.  If we are in the position to add anything
from marketing to the codename process for F10, let's do that then.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org