Some users feedback on F8 LiveCD

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 22:09:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 03:31 -0600, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

> I was reviewing some feedback I got back from a few friends and
> relatives about F8 LiveCD and F8 in general. I'm trying to put
> together some sort of a "quick" introductory "manual" to Fedora and
> its key features. I'm not trying to imitate what's already been done
> and users can find on the Internet, but rather go a bit more in depth
> with stuff such as very basic introductions to the several programs
> that conform a default desktop installation (hence the use of LiveCDs
> both GNOME and KDE) for users to get acquainted with the OS, and more
> importantly, the applications they'll find. The final objective is to
> spend less time talking about "the system" and spend the bulk of the
> reader's time talking about the applications.

Have you seen the work on the Fedora Desktop User Guide?  It seems to
cover what you are suggesting, in the way you describe:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide

The content is very close to being done so that we can do a beta release
in March.  This gets the document ready for final editing, translation,
and release with Fedora 9.

Beta reviews welcome. :)

- Karsten
--