Fedora EasyLife

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 31 03:05:26 UTC 2008

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira wrote:

> Hi All!!
>
> Can You test this software  ??
>
> http://www.duli.googlepages.com/easylife-20080130-1.fc8.i386.rpm

Do you have the source code and SRPM published? At any rate, there are
some very questionable bits in there.

* Bails out completely if yum-updatesd package is not installed
* Switches off SELinux with a claim of "no compromise of security" which
may or may not be true.
* Installs corefonts? while we have liberation
* Media players has a typo

In general, I am not against the idea of providing a gui for common
tasks and there are about a dozen floating around in Fedora but like the
rest, the implementation here doesn't seem to be good.