Fedora TV is ready to go!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:42:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Jonathan Roberts
<jonrob at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Would it also be worth while looking into adding it to Banshee out of
> the box on Fedora systems? Version 1.0 can play video files too, and
> is my preferred client for video podcasts...

I think it would be worthwhile to add a single Fedora cast feed as a
pre-defined default in any application that understands podcasts.  I
maintain the gpodder package, so I have the ability to just do it, so
I'm doing it with upstream's consent.  If we end up getting to the
point where we need to have multiple feeds, then we might want to show
constraint and not over-populate a default feed list in any
application and let people grab additional feeds as the desire.

The important thing being that the pre-populating be done in such a
way that a user can choose to delete the feed and it doesn't come
back, unless the user needs to wipe that applications configs
completely and get a re-generated set of default configs.  We don't
want to force them to keep a feed in place, but we do want them to see
the feed... like the default bookmarks we put in firefox.

-jef