I/F/V out, 4 Fedora Foundations in!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 00:03:20 UTC 2008

In today's Marketing meeting[1], we talked about the mixed message
between "infinity / freedom / voice" (let's call it "IFV") and the newer
four foundations, "friends / freedom / features / first."

The IFV was, and remains, a great message.  It's how we got our logo.
It helped us solidify our ideas about Fedora, and out if it came the
design.  Then it helped us sell the design.  Now the logo, and our
"brand," if you will, seems pretty pervasive.  We don't have to work
hard to identify Fedora with its logo.

But the new four foundations, which we developed earlier this year, need
to firmly take their place as our new, consistent message.

One of the things that would help would be some new poster artwork that
would explain the 4 foundations the way that Mo Duffy's posters
exaplained IFV.  We might be able to just adapt the existing posters,
because they are simple, eye-catching, and right to the point.  We'd
just alter the text a little.

Or someone might have an idea for a new design, that would still
complement our Web design.  I'm going to put this request in the Artwork
queue.  Does anyone have specific ideas about other collateral that we
want for Fedora 10?

= = =
[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-July/msg00141.html

--