Linus uses Fedora 9

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 05:13:25 UTC 2008

I'm relatively new to the marketing part of this, so I don't know if
this is common knowledge in the digital world. If it isn't, I don't
know if this has any marketing value to it, but those who are more
experienced may know what to do with this.

Here is an interview with Linus Torvalds on July 18:

http://www.simple-talk.com/opinion/geek-of-the-week/linus-torvalds,-geek-of-the-week/

And in it, he answers the following question:

RM 'Which Linux distro do you use? '

LT: 'I've used different distributions over the years. Right now I
happen to use Fedora 9 on most of the computers I have, which really
boils down to the fact that Fedora had fairly good support for PowerPC
back when I used that, so I grew used to it. But I actually don't care
too much about the distribution, as long as it makes it easy to
install and keep reasonably up-to-date. I care about the kernel and a
few programs, and the set of programs I really care about is actually
fairly small.

[Funny, I use Fedora primarily for the same reason -- PowerPC support :-) ]

Larry Cafiero
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Lcafiero