LinuxGlobe Podcasts Now Available! :D

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:21:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 00:39 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I find it interesting that you chose iTunes, proprietary software, as a
> > deployment medium. -- ian
>
> And iTunes, to my knowledge, supports only MP3, a patent-encumbered
> format, for podcasts. Interesting indeed.

In fairness, he has Ogg Vorbis available.  And as much as we might
loathe MP3 for its encumbrances, if the point is to reach out to people,
we're not going to accomplish that by only publishing Ogg Vorbis.  Now
if we could harness the loathing to get Apple to support Ogg natively on
the iPod.... (And yes, I realize this has been tried before, ultimately
with no result.  A guy can dream, right?)

--
Paul W. Frields