Red Hat Replaces RHGB With Plymouth

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:29:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjU3OA
>>
>> Digg it:
>>
>> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Red_Hat_Replaces_RHGB_With_Plymouth
>>

>> "Providing a graphical boot process going back to the old Red Hat Linux days
>> has been rhgb, or Red Hat Graphical Boot. The Red Hat Graphical Boot process
>> uses an X server to display information about services starting, etc.
>> However, this Red Hat project is in the process of being discontinued. The
>> successor to RHGB is called Plymouth, which is being engineered by Red Hat's
>> Ray Strode."
>>
>> Rahul
>>
>> --
>>

> Will we see plymouth in Fedora 10 or is it too early?
>
> Valent.
>
> --
> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
> linux, blog, anime, spirituality, windsurf, wireless
> registered as user #367004 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
> ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Ok, I found it:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBetterStartup

but why is link back to all features "broken" ie. the page is almost empty?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features

I would expect to see here list of all features, am I wrong to expect this?

Valent.