Article: Concept Art for Fedora 10

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 15 17:04:51 UTC 2008

Peter Reuschlein wrote:
> But the current pics are a bit to detailed / to many contrasts, i think
> for a background it should be just more understatement.

There is a lot of artwork that goes into a theme besides the background
wallpaper. I know for the artwork I did for neon, I meant the artwork to
give an overall feel for the idea I was going for, and not to be
straight examples of wallpaper backgrounds. In parts of the artwork that
are not the background wallpaper, sometimes high-contrast is okay.

Remember that for round 1 the sketches are just that, sketches, to give
you an idea of the concept and are *not* a final, perfectly rendered
finished product.

~m