eeedora 2.0 ?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 21 14:55:08 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> are there anybody interested in working on Eeedora? As I can see by
> eeedora page (custom Fedora version for Asus eee) [1] it looks like it
> is dead in the water (please corect me if I'm wrong).
>
> I would put al of my talents to work on this project but I'm not a
> coder so please point me in the right direction. I see Ubuntu doing a
> much [2] more so I'm wandering it there is not engough Fedorans using
> Asus eeePC or are they just happy with Xandros or Ubuntu [2] on their
> Asus eees?

My guess is that more people are interested running the "normal" distro
on that machine (for one, I would be), so maybe probably a better effort
would be to make Fedora proper work out of the box. Also, the "eeedora
way" may not be the "best way", on Fedora people are encouraged to work
upstream (here upstream would be Fedora). How about having it as one of
the Fedora spins?

On another point, there are a lot of other machines out there (currently
at least from MSI and Acer) with about the same hardware, it is correct
to label them as "Eee"? (note: I prospect the buy of such machine
myself, one not made by Asus, only if they would sell around here
something *not* pink and my intention is to run the full desktop distro
on the thing).