Mission: Video blogging Fedora screencasts for use in Miro

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:15:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Valent Turkovic
> <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I hope you like these screencasts I made.
>>
>> Fists I need to tell you that English is not my primary language (that
>> will soon be obvious to you),
>
> I can't expect everyone who has the ability to make video to be able
> to do English audio.  We are going to have to work out a means of
> providing a text transcript that can be translated and from which
> additional audio tracks can be created based on that translation.
> I've updated av-splice script to work with gst 0.10 and placed it on
> the screencasting page.
>
> I'll make you a deal. If you are willing to experiment with native
> language videos and written transcripts I'll provide an English audio
> track to replace the a Croatian audio track. If you want to, please
> pick the tutorial subject you like best and produce a native language
> audio theora and provide a rough english translation transcript as
> text. Make sure the transscript includes timestamps indicated when
> each of the sentences should start.  I will then use the written
> transcript and create an English audio track that can replace the
> Croatian track.  I'll even do a screencast of me doing it!
>
> -jef

I accept! Let's do it. Can you please comment on my current
screencasts, do you feel that these basic tutorials are needed. Is it
better for this project that me and other contributors better use
their energy in making screencasts of some "higher" fedora features or
is it ok to start from the beginning. I believe that some people would
benefit with explanation of atleast what are the elements od the
desktop they are seeing (GNOME) and then take it from there do to more
advanced things.

Cheers,
Valent

.