Mission: Video blogging Fedora screencasts for use in Miro

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:49:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>
wrote:

> Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

>>> Quite a lot in a live cd atleast. You have to figure out which
>>> applications to remove.
>>>

>> Someone should be working on a minimal RPM set suitable as a base for
>> single-function live images.
>>

> But I thought the idea is to put those few and small videos on the most
> used spin (Desktop Live CD?) to let the hordes of users know about our
> multimedia capabilities.

I agree with Nicu on this.  I think there's reason to justify something like
5-10 MB on a LiveCD to give a good intro to Fedora.  I did the cheese demo
and it
was actually pretty hefty, but most of the ones that Paul did were no more
than 5MB.  I suppose we'd be going right to the end of the CD and have to
remove *one* thing.
What if this was on the install DVD to start?  Maybe having Miro installed
in the default LiveCD with the rss from the fedora channel preloaded?

Cheers,

Clint