Student partnership program. Extending fedora mentor program to students.

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 20 09:06:12 UTC 2008

2008/6/18, susmit shannigrahi <thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> In our previous APAC ambassadors meeting we were discussing about this
> idea[1].
>
> Generally the final/pre-final year engineering students need to do
> some project work on a topic.
> What I personally saw that they desperately search for one.
>
> we can make a lot of  new contributors if we provide them with a
> project to work, some guidence
> and may be a certificate at the end. (As they say, target this segment :))
>
> This way we can make much more widespread effect as the student
> partners themselves will spread Fedora within their peers and their
> college.
>
> Also we may talk about officially tie-up with some colleges.
>
> The basic idea is here[2].
>
> Now the question id if this is worth taking up.
> If yes, lets refine it here.
>

> [1]https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-June/msg00241.html
> [2]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora-Student_Mentor_Programme
>
> --
> Regards,
> Susmit.

I agree with your idea, i think it could be a perfect propeller for
the whole project.

Now i think it's necessary a working plan, maybe you could see the
previous Fedora Student SIG (or something similar), and eventually
find a group of people who can work in the organization.

FAmSCo could help in this way, but before it's interesting to see what
people think.

Thank you

Francesco Ugolini