Liberation Fonts Increase Document Interoperability

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 27 19:05:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

Debian had earlier rejected the font claiming the license is non-free
but has now reversed that decision. At this point, all the major
distributions already provide this font and many of them seem to include
it by default too.

http://www.quantenblog.net/free-software/liberation-fonts

"Red Hat's Tom "spot" Callaway spoke to the FSF and they indicated the
license was fine according to them. When I came across this issue, I
asked the FSF once more, explicitly pointing them to RMS's point of
view. They replied that they definitely consider this license to be
valid. And thanks to the persistent work of Holger Levsen, we finally
managed to convince the Debian ftp-masters as well."