Screencasts - Cheese

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 04:05:00 UTC 2008

2008/6/9 Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com>:
> I sent this over to the docs list and then realized that's probably not the
> right place :)

So I've watched it, and I love it.  Too bad cheese and istanbul don't
sync up better when recording or we'd have a very clever way to do a
picture in picture video to add sign language 'voice over' to videos.
But sadly I don't think we have out-of-the box video editing tools
which can scale and overlay video feeds like that.  We might be able
to do that sort of simple video overlay directly through gstreamer
pipeline manipulation but right now that is beyond me.  I'd need to
reach into the gstreamer guru community and extract knowledge from
them in small doses.

I'll make a promise. If people make the commitment to generate
end-user Fedora video content like screencast tutorials on a regular
basis, I'll make the effort to find gstreamer video manipulation
expertise to add to the the Fedora community to help generate higher
production value content over time.

-jef