Screencasts - Cheese

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 04:33:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/9 Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com>:
> > I sent this over to the docs list and then realized that's probably not
> the
> > right place :)
>

> So I've watched it, and I love it.  Too bad cheese and istanbul don't
> sync up better when recording or we'd have a very clever way to do a
> picture in picture video to add sign language 'voice over' to videos.
> But sadly I don't think we have out-of-the box video editing tools
> which can scale and overlay video feeds like that.  We might be able
> to do that sort of simple video overlay directly through gstreamer
> pipeline manipulation but right now that is beyond me.  I'd need to
> reach into the gstreamer guru community and extract knowledge from
> them in small doses.
>
> I'll make a promise. If people make the commitment to generate
> end-user Fedora video content like screencast tutorials on a regular
> basis, I'll make the effort to find gstreamer video manipulation
> expertise to add to the the Fedora community to help generate higher
> production value content over time.
>
> -jef

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words.  I think it was rather fun to do this and I'd
like to do more!  I can say that I'll take the commands you recommend and
see if I can't figure out what
the problem is so we can get it fixed wherever its happening.

I look forward to getting these kinds of videos out everywhere.  In fact, I
was talking with my employer, Guru Labs, about doing some more videos in a
more system
administration nature.  For instance, a simple video on how to do LVM and
RAID together using both GUI and text tools.    Probably a bit longer and
more in-depth, but
still fun.

Thanks again Jeff...

Cheers,